According to a lengthy report released Tuesday by the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, the City of Oaks is growing rapidly and adding amenities indicative of the right kind of expansion. Among the highlights noted in the annual State of Downtown Raleigh report are:
• $1.75 billion in recent, ongoing, and upcoming development;
• 3,672 new residential units;
• $200 million in food and beverage sales last year
• An additional one thousand hotel rooms coming to the city’s core;
• The construction of three hundred acres of additional green space.
If you have some time to kill, check out the complete report:
Former News & Observer publisher and current interim DRA president and CEO Orage Quarles III says the report is a reflection of what he’s witnessed since 2000.
“In my seventeen years in Raleigh and downtown, I have personally witnessed an extraordinary revitalization,” he says.…